Chicago Fresh Program
Chicago Fresh is an urban farming program
in Illinois that addresses the need to:
- Increase employment and income.
- Stimulate community enterprise.
- Acknowledge a growing demand for fresh
and locally grown produce.
- Improve environmental aesthetics.
- Encourage community pride and cooperation.
The program provides educational resources
including soil management, crop production,
community and economic development, small
business management, consumer health, and
Fresh also encourages partnerships among
agencies and organizations that are interested
in developing urban farming programs. It
links businesses and retailers interested
in locally grown produce.
Back to Urban Programs Home Page