Partnerships with World
Department of State coordinates a large
number of World Summit on Sustainable Development
(WSSD) partnerships. NIFA and USDA are
key partners in two of them: My
Community, Our Earth (MyCOE) and White
Water to Blue Water (WW2BW). NIFA
coordinates USDA participation in the MyCOE
Nations Commission on Sustainable Development
(CSD) was formed to encourage and track
implementation after the 1992 Rio de Janeiro
and 2002 Johannesburg WSSD Summits. Phase
II of MyCOE will follow the 2004/2005 CSD
themes of Water, Sanitation, and Human
Settlements and associated cross-cutting
- Poverty Eradication.
- Changing Unsustainable Patterns of Consumption
- Protecting and Managing the Natural Resource
Base of Economic and Social Development.
- Sustainable Development in a Globalizing
- Health and Sustainable Development.
- Sustainable Development of SIDS.
- Sustainable Development for Africa and
other regional initiatives.
- Institutional Framework for Sustainable
- Gender Equity.
Back to Sustainable Development Home Page