Distance Learning Courses
in Forestland Management
Distance-based education systems have the
potential to address curriculum, employment,
and land management issues. Several universities
throughout the Northeast are developing Web-based
courses in forestland management.
Specifically, in spring 2004, the following
courses are being offered through associated
- Forest Hydrology (University of New Hampshire)
- Forest Meteorology (University of Connecticut)
- Forest Policy (State University of New
York , College of Environmental Science
and Forestry (SUNY-ESF)
- Forest Economics (SUNY-ESF)
- Timber Harvesting (Univesity of Massachusetts-Amherst).
The universities will market these courses
through continuing education to non-traditional
students to ensure that contemporary information
is available to consulting foresters, agency
natural resource managers, state and federal
outreach specialists, and land managers.
Kittredge, University of Massachusetts.
Back to Forests Home Page