Skip to Main Content
HomeAbout UsGrantsFormsNewsroomHelpContact Us
Search NIFA
Advanced Search
Browse by Subject
Agricultural Systems
Animals & Animal Products
Biotechnology & Genomics
Economics & Commerce
Environment & Natural Resources
Families, Youth & Communities
Food, Nutrition & Health
Pest Management
Plants & Plant Products
Technology & Engineering



Where to find up-to-date information on Hurricane Sandy Recovery

Citizens can find up to date and science based information regarding Hurricane Sandy and how to recover from the storm at the Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) website. A great deal of information is also available through the EDEN Facebook page and on Twitter via EdenTweets (@EDENTweets).

There are several specific aspects of hurricane recovery that are currently in great demand. These include:


In addition to these online resources, every state in the nation has Cooperative Extension offices located with its land-grant university and a network of county or regional offices. These offices are staffed by experts who provide useful, practical, and research-based information to agricultural producers, small business owners, youth, consumers, and others in rural areas and communities of all sizes.

Cooperative Extension is a partnership between the federal government (through the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture), state governments (through land-grant universities), and local governments. Information about USDA programs can be found at the USDA Emergency Preparedness and Response page.







USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272(voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).