Rapid responses to extreme weather events are critical to maintaining a secure, accessible, safe, nutritious, affordable and abundant food supply. Innovative Extension and applied research efforts are needed to alleviate the impacts of extreme weather and disasters across the food and agricultural system. The Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Rapid Response to Extreme Weather Events Across Food and Agriculture Systems program is designed to rapidly deploy strategies and fill knowledge and information gaps to protect the nation’s food and agricultural supply chains — from production through consumption — during and after extreme weather and disasters. In the first month of Fiscal Year 2023 NIFA funded projects through the Rapid Response to Extreme Weather Events Across Food and Agriculture Systems related to extreme floods, drought and wildfire smoke.
NIFA Invests $895K in Rapid Response to Extreme Weather Events Across the U.S.
- NIFA Strategic Plan 2022 - 2026
- Who We Are
- What We Do
How We Work
- Project CAFE
- Calls to Conversation Meeting Series
- Public and Land-grant Universities Memorial Lecture Series
- Land-Grant Colleges and Universities
- Certified Non-Land-Grant Colleges of Agriculture
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- NIFA's State, Federal and Other Partners
- Grants Modernization Initiative
- Career Opportunities
- Visit NIFA