NIFA’s Office of Civil Rights and Equal Opportunity enforces federal civil rights laws and policies which prohibit discrimination through USDA funded programs or activities.
Civil Rights Laws, Authorities, and Regulations
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title I and V
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VI
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII
- Civil Rights Act of 1991
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972
- USDA Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights - Departmental Directives and Regulations
- USDA DR 4330-002: Nondiscrimination in Programs and Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance from USDA
Civil Rights Policy Statements
Civil Rights Agencies
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- USDA Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
- USDA Office of Outreach, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity
For more information contact NIFA's Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.
This content available in Spanish. Esta información esta disponible en español.