NIFA's Equal Opportunity Staff (EOS) are available to provide additional resources to employees and partners in the areas of civil rights and diversity. EOS collaborate with the ARS Office of Outreach, Diversity, and Inclusion in several areas.
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Cooperative Resolution Program
- Affirmative Action Plan FY 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on USDA’s Response to COVID-19 Workplace Safety
No Fear Act
The primary purpose of the No FEAR Act of 2002 is to improve Federal agency accountability for violations of the anti-discrimination and whistleblower protection laws related to employment and to ensure that employees, applicants for employment, and former employees know their rights under anti-discrimination laws and the Whistleblower Protection Act.
More Information about the No Fear Act, including data, annual reports, and resources can be found on the USDA No Fear Act Data Posting.
NIFA Civil Rights Training
NIFA’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights consistently develops training materials for those most vital topics essential to building university partners and federal employees’ compliance capabilities. Our goal is to offer enhanced knowledge and understanding of civil rights compliance through training.
A password is required for training materials. Please contact a member of the EOS for access.
NIFA External Civil Rights Training
- Compliance Review Process FY23 Updates
- Pre and Post Review Best Practices - June 2022
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 - February 2022
- Developing a Comprehensive Civil Rights Training Program – October 2021
- Tribal Colleges Review Process Overview - August 2021
- Public Notification and Outreach Training - June 2021
- Title IX Non Discrimination on the Basis of Sex - April 2021
- USDA's Equal Opportunity Public Notification Policy Training - January 2021
- Limited English Proficiency - October 2020
- Civil Rights Compliance Review Program Overview - August 2020
- Equitable Distribution Training - 2020
- Reasonable Accommodations and Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities training
- HSI Civil Rights Compliance Review Process
NIFA Internal Civil Rights Training
Employment Opportunity Training
- Title VI Fact Sheet
- Title VI Fact Sheet (Arabic)
- Title VI Fact Sheet (Yiddish)
- Title VI Fact Sheet (Urdu)
- Title VI Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- Title VI Fact Sheet (Punjabi)
- Title VI Fact Sheet (Hebrew)
Related EEO Resources
- "And Justice For All" Posters - Printed copies of the “And Justice For All” Posters can be sent upon request by contacting NIFA’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.
- EEO Poster
- ADR/Mediation Poster
- AD 2106 Voluntary Demographic Collection Form to Assist in Assessment of USDA Compliance With Civil Rights Laws
- For information on becoming a panelist member, visit our Panelist Information page.
For more information contact NIFA's Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.
This content available in Spanish. Esta información esta disponible en español.