The Laying Hen and Turkey Research Program focuses on supporting research projects to improve the efficiency and sustainability of laying hen and turkey production through integrated collaborative research and technology transfer. The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) requests applications for the Laying Hen and Turkey Research Program to support research into:
1. disease prevention, which includes research on vaccines, diagnostics, disease resistance and reducing pathogen transmission;
2. antimicrobial resistance, including alternatives to antimicrobials, new antimicrobial technologies, and mitigation of multidrug resistance;
3. nutrition, including alternative and sustainable feeds;
4. gut health, including improvements that promote animal health and improved understanding of impacts of pathogens, commensals and the microbiome; and
5. alternative housing systems under extreme seasonal weather conditions.
For more information, please visit the Laying Hen and Turkey Research Program funding opportunity.