The purpose of the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program is to encourage research and outreach designed to increase knowledge concerning agricultural production systems that:
- maintain and enhance the quality and productivity of the soil;
- conserve soil, water, energy, natural resources, and fish and wildlife habitat;
- maintain and enhance the quality of surface and ground water;
- protect the health and safety of persons involved in the food and farm system;
- promote the well-being of animals; and
- increase employment opportunities in agriculture (7 U.S.C. 5801 and 5811).
To apply, or for more information please visit the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Regional Host Institution funding opportunity page.