Food Safety Outreach Program FY 2023 RFA Technical Assistance Webinar
The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) hosted a 60-minute webinar to discuss the FY 2023 Request for Applications (RFA) for the Food Safety Outreach Competitive Grants Program (FSOP).
The webinar brought together eligible FSOP applicants including:
1. The Cooperative Extension Service for a U.S. state or territory;
2. Non-government organizations and/or community-based organizations representing owners and operators of farms, small food processors, or small fruit and vegetable merchant wholesalers that has a commitment to public health and expertise in administering programs that contribute to food safety;
3. Federal, state, local, or tribal agencies;
4. An institution of higher education (as defined in Section 101(a) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C1862. 1001(a)) or a foundation maintained by an institution of higher education; or
5. A collaboration of two or more eligible entities.
Webinar participants learned the FSOP priorities and requirements and other essentials for applying to the program. Topics included: (i) an overview of the FSOP, (ii) introduction of the new Technical Assistance – Grant Writing Skills Project program area (iii) adhering to the RFA and the evaluation criteria, and (iv) grant writing fundamentals.
If you are considering applying to the FSOP, and have not already done so, please follow the steps in the link to register your organization as soon as possible.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Courtenay Simmons at email@example.com.