The National WIC Workforce Strategy aims to strengthen the diversity and cultural competency of the WIC workforce, with the goals of increasing WIC participation through reaching those populations that are eligible, but not enrolled and increasing WIC participants’ likelihood of adoption nutrition education and breastfeeding support.
The technical assistance webinar related to this FY 2023 funding opportunity is now scheduled. Please see details about the webinar, including the registration link, date, and time, via the technical assistance webinar button below. The recording and supporting documents will also be posted to this page after the event.
Reasonable Accommodations and Language Access Services: If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in any of the informational webinars listed, please contact the event host listed no later than 10 days prior to the event. NIFA offers language access services, such as interpretation and translation of vital information, free of charge. If you need interpretation or translation services, please visit NIFA Language Access Services or contact Lois Tuttle, Equal Opportunity Specialist, at Lois.Tuttle@usda.gov or (443) 386-9488.
Dates may vary. Please see RFA for exact details.
Applicants for the National WIC Workforce Strategy Development (NWWSD) must meet all the requirements discussed in this RFA. Failure to meet the eligibility criteria by the application deadline may result in exclusion from consideration or, preclude NIFA from making an award. For those new to Federal financial assistance, NIFA’s Grants Overview provides highly recommended information about grants and other resources to help understand the Federal awards process.
- State Agricultural Experiment Station;
- colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Tribal Colleges, 1994 Land-Grant Institutions, Hispanic-serving agricultural colleges and universities (see NIFA's Hispanic Serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities page);
- university research foundations;
- other research institutions and organizations;
- non-profit organizations
- Federal agencies;
- Governmental agencies
- national laboratories;
- private organizations or corporations;
- individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents; and
- any group consisting of two or more entities identified in a) through j).
Eligible institutions do not include foreign or international organizations.