Access, Equity and Opportunity are critically important objectives of the 4-H Program. These objectives afford youth of all backgrounds development experiences in the 4-H program. Support for positive development is an integral part of a solid foundation 4-H programs offer millions of youth. 4-H continues to engage youth with programs that address 21st century needs and is committed to expanding its reach and engagement of diverse youth populations and communities.
The role of the Division of Youth and 4-H is to expand and support relevant, equitable access to positive youth development programs. To accomplish this, the Division of Youth and 4-H:
- Provides leadership in positive youth development among other federal agencies and private partners
- Canvasses stakeholders’ needs
- Provides resources to the land-grant university system
- Shares the mission of NIFA with all partners.
Key focus areas
- Military-Connected Child and Youth Programming
- Vulnerable Populations