The AFRI Foundational and Applied Science Program focuses on building a foundation of fundamental and applied knowledge in food and agricultural sciences critical for solving current and future societal challenges.
The AFRI Foundational and Applied Science Program supports grants in six priority areas:
- Plant health and production and plant products
- Animal health and production and animal products
- Food safety, nutrition, and health
- Bioenergy, natural resources, and environment
- Agriculture systems and technology
- Agriculture economics and rural communities
Additionally, the RFA contains crosscutting programs with program area priorities that address two or more of the AFRI priority areas.
The program supports single-function research, single-function extension, and integrated research, education and/or extension projects as standard, conference, and Food and Agricultural Science Enhancement (FASE) grants. Accepted project and grant types will vary by program area priority, please see the descriptions in Part I, C of the RFA for specifics.
Request for Applications Links
- AFRI RFA Resources (including LOI Instructions and Part IV, C. Content and Form of Application Submission)
Request for Application Links
- AFRI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- AFRI FASE - Frequently Asked Questions
- AFRI FASE Grants for New Investigators FAQs