Grants.gov will be unavailable during a scheduled downtime maintenance period from Saturday, October 28, 2023 through Tuesday, October 31, 2023. NIFA funding opportunities that close during this maintenance outage will be extended to November 6, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. Read More
The Animal Health and Disease (Section 1433) opportunity is a national-scope capacity program that distributes federal funds on a formula basis to all eligible entities, including all State Agricultural Experiment Stations (SAES) and AVMA accredited US Colleges or Schools of veterinary medicine.
Animal Health and Disease activities support research projects addressing the health and disease of agricultural animals.
Applications may only be submitted by an accredited school or college of veterinary medicine or a state agricultural experiment station that conducts animal health and disease research in accordance with NARETPA section 1433(c).
Notice that provides guidance on the process for adding eligible accredited colleges of veterinary medicine to the AHDR-33 capacity and infrastructure program.
Expected Program Outputs and Reporting Requirements
Organizations receiving Animal Health and Disease funding from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), are required to submit the following reports:
- Annual AHDR Capacity Report
- Program/Project Initiation in the NIFA Reporting System (NRS). For more information on this reporting requirement please visit the NIFA Reporting System page.
- Program/Project progress reports. For more information on this reporting requirement please visit the NIFA Reporting System page.
- Project Financial Report.
- Financial Reporting. Awardees are required to submit a SF-425, Federal Financial Report annually no later than 120 days after the award anniversary date. The final SF-425 is due no later than 120 days after the termination date of the grant. The form should be submitted via ezFedGrants portal. All 1890 institutions questions relating to the SF-425 reports should be directed to email@example.com, all others should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request the Administrative Manual for the Continuing Animal Health and Disease Research Program Report from USDA.
The Animal Health and Disease Research document "Essentials of a Project Proposal" is being updated and has been temporarily removed.