Multistate research committees provide an opportunity for multiple institutions to pool resources and carry out research, education, and extension activities on many topics, including improving food choices and improving evaluation methods.
In addition, scientific teams from Nutrition programs form working groups to:
- Enhance the system's capacity for measuring youth nutrition education program impacts.
- Improve the quality and flexibility of standardized dietary analyses for the public.
- Identify the core competencies required to be successful in delivering a quality program.
Nutrition-related multistate programs include:
- NC2169: EFNEP Related Research, Program Evaluation and Outreach
- NC219: Using Stage Based Interventions to Increase Fruit and Vegetable Intake in Young Adults
- W1003: Parent and household influences on calcium intake among pre-adolescents