The Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008 (FCEA) authorized establishment of a group of Hispanic-serving agricultural colleges and universities (HSACUs) to be eligible for NIFA Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Programs.
NIFA certifies HSACUs under three criteria:
- At least 25 percent of the institution's full-time student enrollment is Hispanic
- The institution offers accredited agriculture-related programs
- Hispanic students receive at least 15 percent of the degrees awarded in agriculture-related programs over the two most recent completed academic years.
NIFA will determine annually which institutions to certify, effective for one year, by using the U.S. Department of Education's statistics on degrees conferred. HSACUs do not include 1862 Institutions.
Institutions seeking to be considered for certification may review these documents:
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs) and HSIs with Hispanic-Serving Agricultural College and Universities (HSACU) Certification
- Agriculture-Related Fields
- Appeal Process
Regulations and Notices
- FY 2022 HSACU Institutions
- FY 2019 HSACU Institutions
- FY 2015 HSACU Institutions
- FY 2014 HSACU institutions
For further information, contact HSACU.