The Communications Staff (CS) supports NIFA’s mission by providing proactive responsive, and transparent communications to stakeholders, partners, and employees. This office provides a range of innovative and strategic communication products and services that advance NIFA’s stature and value to our nation, and is responsible for the publication of press releases, blogs, and announcements, all of which can been accessed through the NIFA online newsroom or the online impacts.
- NIFA Newsroom - for blogs, press releases, newsletters, and announcements
- NIFA Impacts - for featured success stories demonstrating groundbreaking discoveries and societal impacts from our partners' work.
- NIFA Twitter Feed - follow NIFA at @USDA_NIFA
- NIFA News and Information - get all the news from NIFA as they come in a customizable email bulletin like Fresh from the Field, or NIFA Update
- Communications Staff Directory - meet the people responsible for keeping the public informed and up to date
- Provide communications strategies and guidance to agency staff
- Promote NIFA programs and activities through news releases and media advisories
- Maintain an online presence, including the NIFA website and social media accounts, to provide timely updates of agency activities
- Develop and distribute publications to target audiences