- Provide information and ideas to universities and colleges seeking to expand their international involvement in agriculture and build the global effectiveness of their agricultural programs.
- Help facilitate partnerships between NIFA and other countries and international organizations to enable NIFA-supported researchers at U.S. colleges and universities to identify potential international collaborators with whom they can align their efforts to achieve greater global impact as well as in the U.S.
- Lead NIFA’s participation in international activities with USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service, and other parts of the U.S. Government such as the U.S. Agency for International Development, and U.S. Department of State, as well with international organizations where the knowledge and expertise of NIFA and the institutions it serves can be used to improve global food security, and address other issues of global concern or interest to U.S. agriculture.
- Organize briefings and webinars on international issues of interest to NIFA and its stakeholders.
- Meet with foreign visitors representing governments or international organizations interested in learning more about how USDA works with universities, colleges, and other organizations in supporting research, education, and extension to solve agricultural problems, or who may want to partner with U.S. institutions to address agricultural problems of mutual interest.
Also see: Global Engagement Programs