- Develop systems that deliver liquid transportation biofuels to help meet the nation’s goal of 36 billion gallons of biofuels per year by 2022
- Support domestic sources of renewable biomass and technologies for conversion to biofuels, bioenergy, and bio-based products
- Improve the use of biomass and plant feedstocks for the production of fuels such as ethanol or renewable chemical feedstocks
- Contribute to the improvement of the quality of our nation’s surface water and groundwater resources
- Advance small business’ approach to feedstock genetic development, production, logistics and conversion
- Develop paints, coatings, and adhesives for composites that are manufactured from domestic agricultural materials
For Director and National Program Leader (NPL) contacts by Institute and Division, please visit the NIFA Institutes page.
For NPL contacts by Program, please visit the NIFA National Program Leaders page.