- Improve the quality of the nation’s air, soil, and water
- Manage wildlife to reduce harm and damage
- Implement sustainable agricultural, environment, and natural resource practices for farms, forests, wildlife, and rangelands
- Develop water management solutions that address critical watershed problems
- Support small businesses’ development of innovative technologies designed to help industry implement sustainable environmental practices
- Improve the quality of the nation’s surface water and groundwater resources
- Discover scientific solutions for maintenance and restoration of the nation’s farm, forest rangeland ecosystems
- Build land-grant institutions’ capacity for forestry and natural resource research and extension services
For Director and National Program Leader (NPL) contacts by Institute and Division, please visit the NIFA Institutes page.
For NPL contacts by Program, please visit the NIFA National Program Leaders page.