IFPS projects help improve the nation’s capacity to meet growing domestic and global food demands while reducing agriculture’s environmental footprint. The institute supports projects at a range of scales — from local to global. IFPS’ four divisions employ novel approaches, partnerships, and alliances to develop sustainable strategies to help feed the world and improve people’s well-being through scientific advances, extension services, and the delivery of improved agricultural products.
- Support the global economy through agricultural research and education
- Increase food security through sustainable food production
- Protect the nation’s farms, ranches, forests, and living environments from pests and disease
- Use innovative strategies to advance sustainable and modern agricultural practices
- Inspire, foster, and provide opportunities for future generations of scientists and practitioners
For Director and National Program Leader (NPL) contacts by Institute and Division, please visit the NIFA Institutes page.
For NPL contacts by Program, please visit the NIFA National Program Leaders page.