The Policy and Oversight Division (POD) provides technical assistance to program managers, makes grant application packages available to the public through the Grants.gov website, and requests legal interpretations of legislation and regulations.
POD is responsible for a range of grant functions including the development of internal and external policy and regulatory guidance for grants; establishment of indirect cost rates; Single Audit, General Accountability Office, and Office of the Inspector General audits, reviews, and evaluations; and technical assistance in the development and enhancement of grantee accounting systems and internal controls.
- Effectively coordinate all grant-related processes within the agency
- Accurately review and approve all Requests for Applications (RFA) for public release
- Assist grantees in developing systems to adequately account for federal funds
- Safeguard federal funds by ensuring funds are spent for their intended purpose
- Ensure grantee financial compliance with federal regulations