Smith-Lever Act Capacity Grant
The purpose of this funding, authorized under Sections 3(b) and 3(c) of the Smith-Lever Act, is to conduct agricultural extension work.
Applications may only be submitted by 1862 Land-Grant Institutions (see RFA for eligible list of institutions).
There are two types of reporting requirements for these funds:
- Plan of Work. Each 1862 and 1890 land-grant institution is required to submit every five years a plan of work for their agricultural research and extension formula grants authorized under the Hatch Act, Smith-Lever Act, and Sections 1444 and 1445 of the National Agricultural Research, Extension, and Teaching Policy Act. For more information on this reporting requirement please visit the Plan of Work page.
- Financial Reporting. Awardees are required to submit a SF-425, Federal Financial Report annually no later than 90 days after the award anniversary date. The final SF-425 is due no later than 90 days after the termination date of the grant. The form should be emailed as a PDF attachment to email@example.com. All questions relating to the SF-425 reports should be directed to the Administrative Contact listed in block 14 of the Award Face Sheet.
- NIFA Federal Assistance Policy Guide 2018
- Administrative Guidance for Multistate Extension and Integrated Activities
- FY 1997 Baseline Allocation Data Sheet
- Smith-Lever Insular Area Matching Waivers