USDA Strategic Plan FY 2014 - 2018
USDA provides leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on sound public policy, the best available science, and efficient management.
To expand economic opportunity through innovation, helping rural America to thrive; to promote agriculture production sustainability that better nourishes Americans while also helping feed others throughout the world; and to preserve and conserve our Nation’s natural resources through restored forests, improved watersheds, and healthy private working lands.
Our success depends on:
- Transparency — Making the Department’s management processes more open so that the public can learn how USDA supports Americans every day in every way.
- Participation — Providing opportunities for USDA constituents to shape and improve services provided by the Department.
- Collaboration — Working cooperatively at all governmental levels domestically and internationally on policy matters affecting a broad audience.
- Accountability — Ensuring that the performance of all employees is measured against the achievement of the Department’s strategic goals.
- Customer Focus — Serving USDA’s constituents by delivering programs that address their diverse needs.
- Professionalism — Building and maintaining a highly skilled, diverse, and compassionate workforce.
- Results Orientation — Measuring performance and making management decisions to direct resources to where they are used most effectively.
usda-strategic-plan-fy-2014-2018.pdf (2.01 MB)