Office of the Director
The Office of the Director provides leadership for the agency and manages NIFA’s affiliations with universities, private organizations, and other public institutions. NIFA’s leadership and partnerships contribute to the overall advancement of research, education, and extension activities in the food and agricultural sciences and other related environmental, social, and human sciences.
- Create global food security through research, education, and extension
- Advance America’s global preeminence in food and agricultural sciences
- Develop and evaluate NIFA’s strategic plan and portfolio
- Formulate the agency budget and distribute funds to programs
- Ensure that the agency and grant recipients are compliant with federal nondiscrimination laws