The Research, Extension, and Education Project Online Reporting Tool (REEport) — NIFA’s primary grant reporting system— utilizes the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR), a standard progress report format that federal research agencies are required to use. The system collects technical and financial data about projects NIFA has funded and allows grantees to report significant accomplishments and impacts of their research, extension, and education work.View this tool
Who uses the tool
Two groups use REEport: external grantees/partner institutions and internal NIFA staff. 1) External users include Project Directors who have received funding from NIFA and other staff at their institutions, such as Authorized Representatives (ARs), Site Administrators, and Financial Administrators. Project Directors are required to use REEport to submit initial project plan data in order to receive their funds and also for submitting annual accomplishments reports and final technical reports. 2) Internal users include NIFA staff who review and approve project data, ensuring proper technical language and scientific classifications have been included in reports, as well as high-quality accomplishments and impact statements.
How to use REEport
Instruction for how to use REEport varies depending on user affiliation: Partner or Independent.
- Partner institutions are typically 1862 or 1890 Land Grant Universities, specifically State Agricultural Experiment Stations, Cooperative Extension, Veterinary Medicine, or Forestry schools.
- REEport Guide for Project Directors
- REEport Troubleshooting Guide
- REEport Financial Report Manual
- Program of Research Instructions
- Reinstatement of Funding Sources Reporting Requirement for NIFA Awards
- Reporting Web Conferences
- Sign up for the REEport listserv in order to get up-to-date information on system downtime, future development, new reporting requirements, and policy information. To subscribe to the email list, send an email to email@example.com. Skip your subject line and type subscribe REEportDeploy in the body of your message. Be sure you receive an email confirming your subscription.
For more information on using REEport, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Point of Contact: email@example.com