NIFA’s Office of Civil Rights and Equal Opportunity enforces federal civil rights laws and policies which prohibit discrimination through USDA funded programs or activities.
Civil Rights Laws, Authorities, and Regulations
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title I, II and V
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VI
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII
- Civil Rights Act of 1991
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972
- USDA Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights - Departmental Directives and Regulations
- USDA DR 4330-002: Nondiscrimination in Programs and Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance from USDA
Civil Rights Policy Statements
Civil Rights Agencies
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- USDA Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
- USDA Office of Outreach, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity
For more information contact NIFA's Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.
This content available in Spanish. Esta información disponible en Espanol.