NIFA’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights provides leadership in the implementation of federal nondiscrimination laws, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) equal opportunity policy, for NIFA employees and grantees, primarily under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Major Initiatives of NIFA’s Office of Equal Opportunity & Civil Rights
- Policy Guidance and Program Evaluation
- Special Emphasis Programs
- Title VI Civil Rights Compliance Reviews and Statutory Guidance
- Title VII Compliance Reviews and Statutory Guidance
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility
The USDA's Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (OASCR), through its Center for Civil Rights Enforcement, processes all formal complaints against various USDA sub-agencies and offices, as well as complaints from persons alleging discrimination in USDA’s federally conducted or federally assisted programs.
NIFA is committed to every employee being treated equitably and fairly. The ARS Office of Outreach, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity (ODEO) handles all the agency’s Title VII employment discrimination complaints for NIFA employees.
- How to file a discrimination complaint as a NIFA Employee with ODEO
- How to file a discrimination complaint at USDA
For more information contact NIFA's Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights.
This content available in Spanish. Esta información disponible en Espanol.