All SBIR/STTR grantees must follow the requirements found in the terms and conditions of the grant.
To locate the grant’s terms and conditions, follow the link found on the Award Face Sheet that was issued to the grantee when NIFA made the award.
Within the terms and conditions, awardees can find descriptions for many actions, including:
- reporting requirements
- how to request a no-cost time extension
- close-out requirements and additional information
If you have received a USDA SBIR/STTR award, ensure you have the terms and conditions to ensure compliance with program requirements.
Have a question about your grant? Refer to NIFA’s Grants Management Frequently Asked Questions for answers to common inquiries about payments, enrollment and financial reporting.
Reporting Waste, Fraud and Abuse
You should report fraud, waste, mismanagement or misconduct either online at www.usda.gov/oig or by calling the USDA OIG Hotline toll-free at 800-424-9121.
SBIR/STTR Waste, Fraud and Abuse Convictions
See the full list of fraud, waste and abuse convictions and settlement agreements on the SBIR website.
- Lansing-Based Research And Development Firm Pays $500,000 To Resolve Federal Contract Fraud Allegations (Dec. 14, 2021)
- Biotech Research Company Ordered to Pay $881,669.69 in Restitution for False Statements in Grant Applications (June 8, 2021)
- Davis Man Pays $635,000 in Civil Settlement to Resolve Allegations of False Statements to Obtain Grant Funds (March 29, 2021)